24 October 2007

Autumn walks

Nothing of much interest is happening at the moment. I'm working on some web design and trying to be patient - I'm quite frustrated at not being able to do much but I'm not managing to settle down to much of what I can do either. Still, I was wheeled around Kew Gardens (again) and Battersea Park in the past few days so I'm attaching some photos.

This was a posing cormorant that more or less welcomed us as we got in. It stayed with its wings stretched for some time - probably trying to dry them, unless it's a specific behaviour I'm not aware of.


This is one of the lakes and the building (on the right) which houses the permanent Plants and People Exhibition.

And this is just a typical autumnal photo. We went along a path that could easily have been named the 'world oak path', with a number of indigenous and introduced species. It was interesting to see the different leaf shapes and stages.



Last week I was able to go to Battersea Park and managed to get a decent picture of a heron. They are either very photogenic or I'm very lucky when I take a photo of them.

I'm hoping to go to the Wetland Centre and Richmond Park in the next few days - it's the perfect time of the year for it all, especially if you're lucky enough to have good weather.

My headaches are still a bit of a problem. I've worked out it's down to posture most of the time so I'm being careful and it's helping. Tiredness is certainly not helping and I need to make sure I drink enough water, which I don't always do. But I'm happy enough, things are progressing and I'm now considering going away - Cheshire and Cornwall are on the cards if people will have me there...

If you have the time, check Bradley and Laura's blog - I'm not even remotely jealous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Sis, lovely photos, we are having the most unbelievable month of october, aren't we? Makes up for the summer, a bit... You are more than welcome to come and stay with us whenever you want, I hope you know that..... Not much going on here either, except I'm back in work next week and not particularly that happy about it!!!! LOL from the 4 of us.

Brad and Laura said...

Heya! thank you for the shout out :) you are also more than welcome to come here too, but you will have to bring MANY jumpers, brrr. big hugs x x x x x