22 February 2007

Slowly emerging

Things carry on eluding me - I hardly had to take any painkillers this time but other side-effects were a lot worse. Never mind. Besides fatigue, one of the main problem has been - and still is - oral thrush. Talk about unpleasant and painful. My gums are also more painful. I think that overall the worst is over - it must be over, my body has just about had it now. I've started seriously re-emerging now and I'm enjoying working on my website. Talking of which I'm adding a screen shot of what the main page looks like at the moment - any feedback would be appreciated. It's not the definitive homepage and there's still no content but you should get the idea.


The good news is that the Cartshed has been booked so I'll be off there for one week at the end of March. I'm so excited about it - the cottage is in a fairly secluded, very quiet spot, and is not far from the coast. There are no shops in Osmington but that's hardly a major problem as you can buy organic products straight from the farmer. Most importantly there's a great little pub not far away which serves excellent food and has seaviews. I could go on and on but I'll spare you. The best news, however, is that I'll finally be meeting my nephew Theo and catching up with Justin, Fiona and Patrick at the beginning of April as they are coming down over the Easter weekend. If I'm honest not being able to see them and meet Theo has been one of the most difficult thing to accept. I can't wait.

I'm putting two photos of two of my recent paintings - they were all about fun and using colours so they're not exactly great but painting them was quite therapeutic.



I don't really have much to say. Things have been quite quiet. Oh, ok, I've been doing some reading into the Harry Potter books - I love them but like other books I tend to read them quite superficially. It turns out Ms Rowling has put a lot of effort into them and I missed a lot of things - the precise reason I didn't enjoy reading when at school as I always felt so silly for not "getting it". This time it's keeping me busy and entertained as my brain is still quite reluctant to engage with anything too demanding.

I hope everyone is as happy as Boris, Hazel, Wendy and any other Liverpool supporter must be this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Glad to know you're painting, and I love pink, one of my favourite colours. Sorry about the thrush. Sounds rotten. Super result on Wednesday. Bellamy and Riise no less - wonder if that was all true what the papers said? I see there's an E-petition to get Bob Paisley a posthumous knighthood - long overdue - who is Ferguson anyway? The dog's ill and as we never feed him he sees the need to stuff all kinds of toys into himself. He's at the vet now where he has been since Monday. I had a friend here for a couple of days this week so I couldn't behave like a slob, as is my wont, when Wayne is away (he was in Holland watching Arsenal being beaten). It meant I had to cook which isn't a favourite pastime of mine. Still, here's to a win against Shef Utd and definitely the scum next week and Barca on 6th March! Take care and God bless. Hazel XXXX

Anonymous said...

G'Day Ann-Marie,

Phew! it's the last day of Feb today and the start of Autumn tomorrow, although that's a joke considering it is going to be 40 degrees today. See Fiona you not only get the cricket results, a weather update as well!

My goodness love the paintings. The ochre and oranges are the colours of Central Autralia. Good job on the homepage of your website. Don't change a thing.

I hope the thrush is less painful. It can be quite nasty. How's the energy level? Great to hear that you have booked a little holiday at the end of the month. Can I come?????

Everyone is well here. The heat and flies are a bit of a pest at the moment, but we'll get through it all and before you know it, it will be winter. Cold nights and 25 degree days. Perfect.

I'm off to work now so had better close this off. Love and best wishes. Take good care of yourself.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

G'Day Ann-Marie,

Phew! it's the last day of Feb today and the start of Autumn tomorrow, although that's a joke considering it is going to be 40 degrees today. See Fiona you not only get the cricket results, a weather update as well!

My goodness love the paintings. The ochre and oranges are the colours of Central Autralia. Good job on the homepage of your website. Don't change a thing.

I hope the thrush is less painful. It can be quite nasty. How's the energy level? Great to hear that you have booked a little holiday at the end of the month. Can I come?????

Everyone is well here. The heat and flies are a bit of a pest at the moment, but we'll get through it all and before you know it, it will be winter. Cold nights and 25 degree days. Perfect.

I'm off to work now so had better close this off. Love and best wishes. Take good care of yourself.

Stephanie