07 August 2007

Nothing much to report

So I thought I'd post some drawings made by my friend Valerie's children. Valerie visited me from Switzerland for a couple of days. Her children were a bit anxious that all she was bringing me was a picture of them so they took their colouring pens out. I have to admit (here goes my tough image) that I was very touched by this gesture. Jade drew the first two pictures. Jade's 3 years old and at this moment in her life, can't really mix circles and straight lines in her drawings - which is fair enough in my opinion.



This heart with its ponytails - in case you thought they were horns, they're clearly not - was drawn by 9-year-old Dariane. I have to say I quite like the clashing of bright colours in this drawing, and she certainly was very meticulous about it all.

And the final drawing was made by Mathias, who's 11 and actually not keen on drawing at all. Well I think it's a fantastic effort. I used to draw butterflies a lot when I was young (couple of years ago) but I can't remember ever doing one so colourful.
I look at the pictures a lot - they tend to brighten my days.

Other than that, I've basically been housebound. My father and Claudia came over last week and I thought I'd better mention this as there was a bit of a hissy fit for not being mentioned on the blog. More importantly, there was a threat to take my Zweifel paprika crisps back to Switzerland - the most cruel thing you could do to me. Not impressed. (I haven't eaten all the crisps yet, Dad - thanks for bringing them over).

I'm thinking of starting an Anne-Marie Blackburn Nintendo Wii Fund as I read an article by a woman claiming that this games console had helped her overcome breast cancer. Well, if it's on the internet, it must be true.

Hope you're enjoying life.

3 comments:

Sophie and David said...

Hi Anne-Marie, I've taken my time to send you a message, but here I am at last. I have read your blog from the start and must say it's really good and I have learnt a lot from it.

Well as you know from mum, we are living in Australia now and keeping busy (if you want to find out what we're up to just check out our blog - www.swiss-aussie-life.blogspot.com).

All the best and thinking of you.
Sophie

PS : I also miss the Zweifel Paprika chips...

Anne-Marie said...

Sophie!! How are you? It's great to hear from you. I'll pop onto your blog and see how Aussie life's treating you.

I'm glad you understand my position on paprika crisps...

I'm hoping to email your Mum soon - she's been very patient. We're looking forward to seeing her next year.

Hope you're well, look after yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne-Marie. Good to know that you are feeling better and I agree with you that summer makes you want to go out and do things whether you have the energy or not. However, you'd better take care. We enjoyed our cruise and I'd have done so a lot more if I hadn't bothered to pick up a throat bug halfway through! It knocked me for six and, I have to say, for two weeks after we returned too, but I'm up and running now and looking forward to the new season although I will never understand Rafa. He's itching to get his hands on Gabriel Heinze which is understandable in a way - anything to upset Fergie - but he waited for a whole year for Mark Gonzales and look what happened? And now it's Scott Carson gone on another year's loan! If we get the championship you have my complete blessing to save these words and throw them at me. Take care and enjoy Cornwall. Lots of love, Hazel