01 August 2007

Unlimited boredom

I think I've reached the ultimate point in boredom. I don't think I was ever one to cope very well with not doing much, so after ten months of it, it's starting to make itself felt unequivocally. I'm too tired to do much, and when I do things, I tend to end up in a lot of pain. It usually starts with the ankles (having to put up with a lot more weight for starters), and as I overcompensate, everything goes. And once I've actually done something, I need a few days to recover completely. I suspect you've heard this all before, I'm just starting to lose patience. My fingers seem to be in constant pain, and if I need to get up during the night, my ankles and legs are usually hurting. I'm not quite sure what's that all about. Either I've been lying around too much doing nothing, or the chemo's done some kind of damage. So a trip to The Haven is on the cards and I'm hoping they'll have something that might help.

I've done a bit of painting and that's going reasonably well. But other than reading and watching TV, that's about it. I'm a bit stuck and not quite sure what to do for the best - either I rest or I try to gently push myself. It's particularly problematic since summer has decided to make an appearance - the blue skies and lovely evenings are an invitation for trouble really. Decisions decisions, and I'm really not good at having to make my mind up.

Thankfully we'll all be off to Cornwall soon - a welcome two-week break on the North Coast, can't ask for much more. I'm deciding what to do with Justin, who'll be with us for one week - teaching him to swim, looking at rock pools (better learn to recognise species), flying his kite (better learn to fly one), building sand castles, going to an organic smallholding (where Auntie Laura works) and a pirate-themed treasure hunt. Parents, feel free to recommend things. (And if Fiona or Patrick read this, please don't tell Justin about the treasure hunt - that's a surprise).

Roll on the footie season - I know Michael (e-mail on its way) is looking forward to it, and I suspect Hazel, Boris and Wendy (e-mails on their way) can't wait either.

Enjoy the sun. Or whatever weather you're experiencing in more exotic places (Australia and Dubai, among others - Stephanie and Isabelle, e-mails on their way).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiya Sis, yup, we are reading... in between packing a box or two!!! Sorry to hear you are so tired and in pain, I hope you can find what is causing it, and more to the point, something to help.... I won't tell Justin, he is bad enough as it is and already can't wait, if I tell him he is going on a pirate's treasure hunt, that will be the end of my summer!!!!! It all sounds really exciting, I'm a bit jealous I must say! Teaching him to swim is a good idea, he really needs to learn so if you could start him on it, that would be absolutely wonderful. Otherwise, well basically, he can't wait for the seaside, so sand castles will be great... and a bit of football! Actually, all your ideas are perfect, he will be absolutely over the moon.

That said, we are moving in a few hours, better get some sleep! Take good care of yourself, lol from all of us...

Anonymous said...

Oh, bummer. What a pity that you are feeling so tired and in pain. It's never ending, n'est pas? You will get better, I assure you.

How old is Justin now? The holiday in Cornwell sounds ideal. I guess you are all getting excited about the impending wedding.

All is well at this end. Just too busy. Yesterday it was 31 degrees and today 16. Mind you it is still winter.

Still haven't got my blog going. Sophie is still working on it for me.

Take care of yourself. Will be in touch again soon.

love and best wishes.

Stephanie