14 September 2007

All sorted

The appointment on Wednesday went as well as these things can. It was basically a follow-up appointment and the oncologist was happy at the very good recovery - my skin's not far from back to normal. She also prescribed some anti-sickness tablets as Tamoxifen has started to make me feel quite unwell, keeping me awake most of the night. It seems to be helping, I hope I've seen the worst as far as this goes. I suspect you can't expect any hormonal treatment to be easy going.

I also mentioned the pain I'm in if I do anything remotely demanding, and I was told that I needed time and to be patient. From what I've read, the second chemo drug I got can cause mid- to long-term problems - neuropathy being one, and this could explain the pain. It's a bit frustrating - I think I was patient enough whilst undergoing all my main treatment, with the view that things would improve almost straight away once it was all over. It's not a major problem as such, it's simply not a problem I was expecting.

I received a phone call earlier telling me I'll be starting Herceptin on Monday, with the bonus that I'll have to spend six hours in hospital to monitor any possible side-effects. I'm not sure if I'll have someone with me - my Mum has a course in the afternoon, but Laura has offered to come with me, though she's supposed to be going back to Cornwall on Monday.

I guess I'm not having the best of times right now but I'm sure it'll all settle down soon enough. Enjoy your weekend.

Oh, Stephanie, I'm not sure I could live without any lush green vegetation - have you got any piccies of what plants you do get? Hope you're all well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne-Marie,

It sounds like the oncologist is pleased with your recovery so far. Keep up the good work.

I took some pictures of some plants outside the building where I work today. Tomorrow I'm going out bush as the locals say, however it is the desert to me. I will be travelling along the Tanimi highway which is North West to visit a youth camp. I'll take more pictures and then get Sophie to show me how to down load them on the computer. You never know you may have them by next week!!! It's so dusty, hot and windy here at the moment.

I see Australia thrashed England in the 20, 20 series cricket match yesterday. Ho hum.

Will be in touch again soon.

Take care,

love,

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Good luck for tomorrow, we will be thinking of you. Hope it all goes well and that the flaming secondary effects leave you alone.... Heaps of love from all of us :-)