10 September 2007

Back home

What can I say? I don't think I'll ever be disappointed when going to Cornwall. We were very lucky weatherwise - there was only one day of drizzle. There were clouds of course, but a lot more sun, especially near the end of our stay. The wedding was extremely enjoyable - it had Laura and Bradley's stamp all over it. Laura wore a beautiful green dress made by our mother and Bradley wore a classy suit (I'll have to try and nick some photos from someone/somewhere - I didn't have my camera with me, what with being the chief bridesmaid and all). The ceremony was laid back, simple and pleasant. We all moved on to a military base for the rest of the day where we ate some very good food. All in all, a perfect day. I'll update the website soon so you can have a better idea.

The rest of the fortnight was spent on the coast, visiting National Trust places, Lappa Valley and the Eden Project, among other things. I wasn't able to do all the things I would've liked to but I had a brilliant time. I haven't sorted my photos yet so I'm just including a couple. The first one is of Trerice, which is an Elizabethan manor house complete with gardens.


The second one is of Bedruthan Steps, which are volcanic rock stacks resulting from erosion. Photos can never really convey such places - it was very, very impressive - and we couldn't have asked for better weather.


As for my treatment, I started taking Tamoxifen on Saturday evening - I'd promised the registrar I'd start taking it as soon as I got back from holiday. I'm feeling slightly nauseaous but no other side-effects so far. I gather they might come later. I have an appointment on Wednesday 12 September to see my oncologist. I think she'll check how my skin is recovering following radiotherapy, and I suspect we'll be looking into starting Herceptin. I can't say I'm overjoyed by it, but as has become the case, it's got to be done.

I hope you're all well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been checking your blog every few days. So pleased you had a good holiday and an enjoyable time at the wedding. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Thanks for your e-mail. I'll have to start thinking about my trip next year. Will probably come to London first.

Watched a doco' about three men in a boat rowing down the Thames. Felt quite nostalgic for Europe - so green. It's so brown here due to the drought. We wake up to sun and blue skies everyday. Can you imagine anything worse?

Good luck at the oncologist tomorrow.

lots of love to you and Mum

Stephanie