12 March 2007

The day before...

I have been surprisingly - by my standards anyway - non-anxious about tomorrow but it is slowly kicking in. I've never had an operation and I don't even remotely like the idea even if I can't see a way around it in terms of treatment. Not much I can do really. I'm just stuck between not wanting to have the operation/wishing time would slow down, and it being done and over. So I'm trying to get on with it. I've got to be admitted at 8am tomorrow and make my way to Nuclear Medicine, where they'll inject a radioactive dye into my body in order for the surgeon to spot the sentinel node (the one that'll be removed, basically). Then I'll have a wee wait as the operation will take place at 1.30pm. It should take no more than one hour. Once I've re-emerged and they consider me fit enough I'll be able to make my way home - this is the moment I can't wait for. It looks like it's going to be a long day but better that than spending any nights in hospital.

I'm on a mission to keep myself busy today and will be going off to the Wetland Centre in Barnes very soon. So far the weather looks fantastic and the temperatures should reach 17C - this should make for a great day out. Like most of Europe at least it's been an exceptionally mild winter and the wildlife is already out in force - let's hope there'll be no more cold snaps.

I'd better be off. Hope you're all well and managed to enjoy your weekends. I still haven't started on my emails and I apologise for that. I had lots of plans for last week but ended up spending most of my time resting as I was exhausted. Ah well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you for today - shall be sending plenty of positive vibes down the M1 for you though chick - glad to hear it's not a mammoth op and that you should be home this evening - will be thinking of you.

Take care

Love from Shezza xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi

Good luck for tomorrow, we will be thinking of you.
Will keep an eye on the blog to see how it goes.
Kelly, Steve, Jac & Elle xxx

Anonymous said...

hi,
I am a little late in responding, however you may take a little peek at your blog before you go off to the hospital. You are probably snoring your head off as I write this. (It's the middle of the day in Alice Springs)

All the best for today. I'll be thinking of you 1.30pm your time.

cheers,

Stephanie