07 July 2007

Main treatment almost over

Because Monday's appointment was canceled I haven't quite finished the main treatment, but from now on I should be getting boost sessions which target the area around the scar. And about time too, I'd say, as my skin is quite badly burnt and I have a couple of very small blisters. I was told to keep an eye on the whole area as the skin could break and might need special care as a result. The inflammation has also meant that my breast has swollen, which translates into longer treatment as my tattoos are no longer aligned with the machine (or other way round). So we're talking minor inconveniences rather than anything serious. I'm also very tired now and not really able to do anything. And so I shall enjoy the tennis this weekend, and I might watch some of the Live Earth concert but I'm not that fussed by it. Liverpool have their first pre-season friendly against the mighty Wrexham, the game being shown live online, so that's another possibility. Enough to keep me entertained, basically.

The machine treating me broke down on Thursday and was still not fixed yesterday. This means that I was sent downstairs, which in turn led to delays. I wasn't too bothered by this but I wasn't able to say goodbye to my upstairs friends, as I'll be treated downstairs from now on. Mind you, there's always the chance that they'll be sent downstairs for treatment as the machines seem to be quite moody these days. I hope I get to see my Italian friends as he's good fun. People were discussing how hair loss was more difficult for women and he said that in Italy baldness in men was a sign of having lots of good sex so he didn't mind losing his hair. He's such a gem.

Enjoy your weekends.

No comments: