27 July 2007

First week of freedom

And it's been fairly uneventful. I'm too tired to do much so I've just been enjoying not having to get to hospital. Last Friday was a nightmare as several roads in Battersea were flooded, which meant I had to do quite a lot of walking to catch a bus, which stopped before St Thomas's so that I had to catch a cab. There were quite a lot of delays and congestion, and I was late for my appointment. I had to see both a radiographer and an oncologist before I could make my way home. I tried catching a taxi but roads were still closed all over Battersea. I made my way to Waterloo hoping that the trains were running. They were so I hopped on one, walked home and spent the rest of the day in considerable pain. All this could have been avoided if a radiographer had told me my appointment had been changed from 5.45pm to 10.30am though. But there you go. Compared to Gloucesterhire and the likes we got off lightly.

I'll be having a follow-up appointment in about four weeks time though I received my prescription for hormone treatment, which, as agreed with my oncologist, I won't be taking until I come back from Cornwall (early September). I've no plans until my appointment. I had a friend over from Switzerland for a couple of days and I took her on a bus trip on Wednesday - not the wisest of moves. I'm knacked but glad she got to see some of the sights. I look forward to being able to do little things - it really doesn't have to be much. The good news is that travel by bus for 'poor people' in London is going to be very cheap at £0.45 a go from next month thanks to a deal between London and Venezuela. This ought to mean many days out for me.

Enjoy your weekends.

No comments: