25 October 2006

Blood count behaving

I've just got back from hospital - would you like the good news or the good news? First the MRI scan I had a few weeks ago revealed that the lymph nodes were clear - I had been told this was the case but I thought it was down to guess work and the breast scan. This doesn't mean that they are 100% sure about it but it's still better than guess work. Furthermore my blood count is just about above the threshold needed for treatment and because it's very unlikely it'll drop it's more or less certain I'll be getting treatment on Friday. But best of all it seems like Vicky's losing weight. Now again they can't be completely sure, especially as I've seen three different oncologists in my last three appointments - I'd rather there was a bit more continuity but there you go. I had the impression the tumour had shrunk but you never know whether your mind is playing tricks and wishful thinking's clouding your judgement. But the consultant said it was not easy to locate because it is now quite deep, and although he didn't measure it he was quite sure it was shrinking. Again there's a need to be cautious - we won't know for sure until I've had another MRI scan after the fourth cycle. This came as a bit of a shock as I thought I'd be getting a straightforward breast scan but no, I'll be stuck in that flipping tube again for around thirty minutes. Still, this was overall a good session for me and psychologically it makes the prospect of chemo less daunting. So I'm quite upbeat right now.

My cat Le Bij is having compassionate hair loss - yes, the more cynical amongst you might claim that cats tend to moult at this time of year but this is clearly nonsense. For some odd reason, though, he's looking mightily fluffy right now.

I'm adding another Photoshop creation - just cos I can. I'm getting a bit carried away with Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Photoshop at the moment so let's hope I don't get bored with them.



I bow out wishing you well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Fantastic to hear good news!

See you soon,

Finn xx

Anonymous said...

On en demande encore des bonnes nouvelles!

Pensees ensoleillees accompagnees de gros bisous,
isabelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne-Marie

This is Kelly, your cousin Steve's girlfriend. Lynn gave me the details of this site and I have been reading your updates, I am sorry to hear you are having a horrible time with the chemo.
I know Steve would have been standing up in the hate Man Utd campaign, I'll tell him about your updates.
I would like to send you some photos of the kids but haven't got any on the PC, I'll put some in the post if Jen has your address.
Hopefully we will see you soon.
Love Kelly, Steve, Jac & Elle x

Anonymous said...

HI THERE,
GLAD YOUR FEELING A BIT MORE UPBEAT ABOUT THINGS AND GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW, WE WILL BE THINKING OF YOU
LOTS OF LOVE
LYNNE,DAVID,LEAH AND KYLE XXXX