13 October 2006

Foul mood

I think it's safe to say I hate chemo with a passion. Nausea hasn't been a huge problem - it has come and gone in waves but I've managed to eat more healthily this time. Fatigue, on the other hand, has been a huge problem. The problem is that I've not been able to do much and, as a result, I've never been so bored in my whole life. I've not been able to read or sit up for long periods, which means I've been stuck in bed watching TV, resting or sleeping. Wahey. It's safe to say I've never been in such a foul mood either and I apologise to all those who have had the misfortune to be in touch. I think things are slowly improving. The main problem now is bad taste and a sore mouth. Everything tastes like grapefruit seed extract, and the taste is more or less 24/7. I've yet to find anything to relieve this problem but from the little research I've done nothing much can be done.

Um, I guess I'm a bit of a miserable old bat these days. I'm hoping things improve quite quickly from now on and I can go and enjoy some of this nice weather. I've at least reorganised my room so that I can now use my laptop and internet connection whilst lying in bed. I plan on teaching myself Dreamweaver and Flash, I just need to find a good book. Ideally I'd rather paint but oil painting is a tad too messy.

I know emails are due, again. Thanks all for getting in touch, it's always nice to hear what's going on in people's lives. Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: